Saturday, September 12, 2009

Swiss Days in Utah

Last weekend, my sisters, my mom, and I went to Swiss Days in Utah. If you have never been, you are missing out! Note though, save your money before you go! We got there as soon as it opened in the morning, and it was already crowded. By mid-day, there were so many people we had to wait in lines just to see the crafts! However, the endless white tents of cute crafts, jewerly, and delicious food (mmm...scones) made it all worth it! Those Mormon Utah ladies sure know how to craft!!


This is us in the morning ready to go!


The signs said no pictures please, but I took a few before I saw the sign, so I can't be held accountable right?!


Mmm...scones!


Pooped from all the shopping!


However, after a night of rest (dinner at Five Guys and a movie, All About Steve...it was good to see you Vanessa!!), we were ready for more! My Aunt Vicki took us to the cutest shops in Utah (Tai Pei, Rod Works, Randee's, Archibalds, and others). Since I spent most of my money the day before at Swiss Days, I took pictures of the things I thought I might be able to make someday (wishful thinking!).



Rachel, can you make me one of these aprons?! Isn't this adorable?! It says, "The Ghostest with the Mostest" in case you can't read the writing.




Sheridyn (holding Jackson), Shannon, Aunt Vicki, and my mother at Gardner's Village



That night, we went to dinner at Tucano's and to see my cousin, Courtney's cute new place. If you have never been to Tucano's and you live in Utah, you must go! So good! Just don't eat anything for a 24 hour period before! And, make sure you order a Brazillian Lemonade (Lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, and water...yum!).







Proof I ate a chicken heart! Tasted like hotdogs with a disgusting after taste!


It was a very fun weekend with all my sisters, a couple of my sister-in-laws, my Aunt, and my cousins! Thank you for hosting us Aunt Vicki and Uncle Scott! Thanks for letting us cruise around in your van Melissa, thank you to all my family for a great time, and thank you Rhonda and Seth for taking such great care of my girls while I was gone!!

It was so great to come home to these sweet little faces after four days!





PS - Note the Halloween decor already up in the interior of the house! We seem to decorate earlier and earlier each year. The longer we can enjoy it the better!! Pictures of the Halloween decor coming soon!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Why is it that when someone from AZ finally makes it up north, I take a trip down south?! Crappy timing, I say! Glad you had fun- maybe it will convince you all to come visit when I'm home sometime! Oh, and TaiPan is my favorite. store. ever.

The Welker Family said...

I'm so jealous! That looks like it was so much fun! Isn't is crazy how when you are with your little girls all day they can make you crazy but when you are away from them for a day you miss them so much? They are so cute! I'm so sad that I missed the play group!

Crystal said...

Which city has Swiss Days? All of the cities up there have their own "days." My dad's hometown has Onion Days, and mine has Peach Days.

carol said...

chicken heart - sick! that sure does sound like a fun girls trip! all those crafts you took pictures of are sure cute - i love them.

Rondell said...

Those lil squirts look like they happy to see they mommy finally come home. Did you leave them with a babysitter or something