Thursday, February 5, 2009

Update

More than a month since my last post?! Boy, I am a slacker! I must admit though, it is tough to keep up when I am working full-freaking-time! I am not sure how my girls are surviving without me and having the Sahd (stay-at-home-dad) around. They seem to be enjoying it though. I am liking my new job at United Healthcare, but glad it is just until I start nursing school in the Fall.

The girls are doing good. Julia has taken quite the active role in playing big sister. She did tell me today that she "doesn't want Sophie anymore". I asked her if she wanted to give Sophie back and she said yes. Oh the fun of sisterhood. Julia has also taken an interest in singing lately (maybe it is all the American Idol we have been watching lately). She sings along with the songs in the car, whether she knows the words or not. My favorite was her rendition of Beyonce's "If you like it then you should have put a ring on it." Julia's version was, "If you like it then you should have put a rash on it." Um...pretty sure those aren't the words Julia and pretty sure you don't want to be spreading rashes to anyone you like. We'll save that talk for another day though, in about 18 years or so.

Sophia is equally entertaining these days. She is quickly becoming quite the linguist. It is hard to be away from her at this age, because I don't get to see the development as it happens. Last night I was reading her a book before I put her to bed, and she opened it to the first page and proceeded to spout out about every object on the page! When the heck did she learn how to say flower, or boy, or pizza?! She is a smart little cookie, but still mischevious as ever. She has at least one near miss a day. That little smile melts my heart every time though. She gets that from her daddy! And just like her daddy, I know she is definitely going to learn to perfect that and use it against me someday! :-)

Other than that, all is well. I will try to get some more pictures of them soon to post. They are growing up way too fast!!

2 comments:

Castle Family said...

I loved reading about your girls. I haven't seen them in forever and I'm sure they are growing up way too fast. Come to think of it, I haven't seen you since our "girls' day". That was so great; let's do it again! And just FYI I have been very good about my Wal-Mart price matching since our little chat :)

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Julia cracks me up with the words to that song. It gets stuck in my head and her version is hilarious. I hear you with "sisterly" love! I don't know when it ends because Ry still acts like that and she's 5!!! Sorry you have to work so much but then again thankful that you have a job with this economy. My dad has been out of a job since Nov.! Crazy! At least your girls get to stay home with daddy:). I miss ya Em and excited to see you soon.