Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am especially thankful this year for:

1. My freedom. Not just the freedom that soldiers have risked and are risking their lives to preserve, but also the freedom Heavenly Father has granted me to make my own decisions. Although sometime it may be begrudgingly, I am also thankful for the consequences that come with making those choices.

2. My family. I consider every member of my family (in-laws included) great friends. I don't just love them because I "have to", I love them because I want to. I am still in awe that after all these years, we still love and respect one another. Within my family, I am especially grateful for my husband and children. Even though I am not perfect, they love me unconditionally! My girls inherited Seth's great big heart! I love them so much, and I am so thankful I can always feel their love. I am going to cherish it now before the teenage years hit and the love might not be so free-flowing.

3. My Savior. Without him, no hope and no peace. He made the ultimate sacrifice, and I am eternally thankful for it!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Now, on to the holiday shopping...

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Did you do any Black Friday shopping? I went to Joann's again this year, even though they upped the price to $1.49 per yard for flannel, and it really wasn't that bad of a crowd!

The Welker Family said...

Amen to all of that! I need to see you! I don't know if I'm going to make it over there before Christmas but I sure hope to so I can do some real shopping. I'll call you if I figure out a time.