Friday, September 26, 2008

update

Little Gavin passed away Monday night. Thank you to all who fasted and prayed for him. I know Gavin's family appreciates it as well. In my own prayers and fasting, I had been asking that Heavenly Father's will be done and that Gavin would soon be relieved from any pain and suffering. Sometimes, that means healing in this world, and sometimes it means going on to the next. I know Gavin is where he needs to be now. I hope and pray for his family that they will also feel of God's love for them and for their little baby boy. I have only met Bethany a couple of times, but reading her story, I have no doubts that Gavin's mission here in life, although short, was very complete. Bethany is such an inspiration of strength and unwavering, motherly love. I can't imagine what she went through and is going through now. I just hope she knows that through Gavin, Bethany's words have humbled and inspired me. I saw that there were already 126 comments on her blog about the passing of Gavin. I am quite sure that if I was so touched and truly changed by Gavin's story, so many others were too. Please keep this family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

This just breaks my heart. I wish her and her family comfort, as well as you and your family. These things are so hard. Isn't it amazing to see these mom go through this and their undeniable inspiring faith.
My thoughts are prayers are with you guys.

The Welker Family said...

I can't even imagine! She amazes me too. I need to read her blog whenever I am having a pitty-party and I think that would cure it.