Monday, August 18, 2008

What we have been up to lately...

I don't think I have ever gone this long without blogging. Busy, busy, busy! Truth be told, my blogging has been replaced by the Olympics. Go Phelps and Nastia! In addition, we have been making a trip to urgent care for Sophia to get stiches...



She fell and hit her head on the corner of a hope chest. It could have been much worse had it been slightly in a different direction! She cried when it happened and when the doctor stiched her up, but other than that, she was pure entertainment for all the nurses and staff at the urgent care.

Daddy has recently been finding his hidden talents in hair styling...



Perhaps he has been inspired by Sheer Genius (also a regular on the tube at our house).

And, of course, we have been getting in the spirit for the upcoming season...



GO DEVILS!

I also started a part-time job as a scheduler for PMT ambulance. It is not my dream job, but the work is easy and it is good experience for when I get into adminstration some day down the road.

So, my blogging may be a bit more sporadic, but I will try to keep posting updates on us. With our favorite season ahead (football season, a trip to Disneyland planned, Halloween, and hopefully some cooler weather!), I am sure we will have plenty more to post.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Poor little girl! Does she try to pick at the stitches? I could see Porter just rip them right back out...

Oh, and tell Seth that I am proud of him for signing off of WOW long enough to play in his daughter's hair :P

carol said...

Ok so I have to say that I am impressed with his hair do. Pretty creative. Sorry about the stitches, that's no fun.

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Oh Em I am so sad to hear about little Sophie and her big owie. She is absouluty darling and I can't stand how cute her hair is. Way to go dad! Julia is darling as always.

the Painters said...

Awe little Soph! What a trooper she is! I love that hair and I LOVE that show Shear Genius. I can't stand Kim Vo though....

Candice said...

Poor thing...

Just an observation. Julia looks EXACTLY like her mom and Sophia looks EXACTLY like her dad. Do other people say that too, or is it just me?

The Welker Family said...

Sophia has got a killer smile! What a cutie! She looks pretty tough!

I agree that we need to have a girl's get-away. I need to call you to chat too.