Monday, July 21, 2008

Scissors

As a teen, I vowed that when I became a mother, I was never going to leave scissors lying around for my kids to get and cut their own hair. I have been very careful about putting scissors out of little hands' reach. When I think scissors, however, I think big, paper cutting type of scissors. I didn't think about Sophia's little nail clipping scissors.



I am not sure if it is a good thing they are so small, or a bad thing. Perhaps with bigger scissors, Julia would not have focused on the little clump right smack-dab in the middle of her forehead! And then, maybe I would not have atttempted to fix it and make it worse. Oh well. She is still the cutest little 3 year old I have ever laid eyes on! :-)

9 comments:

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Oh NO Em!! The joys of children discovering what scissors can do to their hair:) At least she didn't chop off the back of her hair....then again it's in the front, but you did a great job fixing her bangs. Julia is very darling and so cute!!!!! I think we all have a story about scissors and cutting our own hair when we were little. Good thing she cut her hair when she was 3. I cut off my bangs the day I went to kindergarten and lets just say the picture of me on my first day of school looks a little weird with practically no bangs.

Ali P. said...

With 3 girls I still can't belive this hasn't happened to me (I should knock on wood). This makes for a great story later though!

The Blakes said...

Doesn't every kid have to experiment with cutting hair at some point? She's super cute regardless of the new fashion statement!

Sara said...

What a little Cutie Pa Tootie!! She just wants to be like Aunt Vanessa! You better start saving for her to go to beauty school!

Courtney said...

LOL! When Piper took the scissors to her hair I cried... then again, she had cut off both of her ponytails and her bangs. Yep, I was one of those mothers who left the scissors in an accessable place.

Julia doesn't look bad at all! Just like her mommy got a little over-zealous with trimming her bangs ;)

Jordan said...

Oh, too funny! I think every kid has to do that some time in their life. I'm still waiting for Olivia. Julia is such a cute girl!!

The Welker Family said...

I have to agree that she is still dang cute! Every kid has to do it right?

carol said...

sorry to laugh but this just brought a smile to my face. i think every girl cuts their hair and yes she is still the cutest 3 year old :)

the Painters said...

Oh Ems, look at that! She is definitely a normal ADORABLE 3 year old girl. I think it must be a rite of passage for girls.....my mom has pictures of me doing this. And yes, she still is the most adorable and beautiful 3 year old girl I know.