Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Money saving tips

I know I could benefit from any of yours, so I thought I would post some of mine. I can't take credit for all these finds, but they are all great!

1. Buy produce at the dollar store. You have to look through it, but some of it is really good and way cheaper than a regular grocery store. My mother-in-law let me know about the potatoes and they are way cheaper and just as good! My dad gets huge chilis there for cheap too!

2. Buy Santitas tortilla chips instead of Tostitos! They are about a 1/3 of the price and are exactly the same (same ingredients, same taste, and they are even made by Frito Lay). The only difference is one calls a serving 9 chips and the other calls it 8 chips.

3. Dilute your juice. My girls drink Juicy Juice, and it is way too strong for them. In fact, anytime they drink it straight they start coughing. I do half water, half juice. Water is much cheaper. :-)

That's all for now. If any of you would like to share your money saving tips on your blogs, I know I would love it!

5 comments:

the Painters said...

thanks for the tips! never thought the dollar store would gave produce but i'll definitely check that out. love you.

The Reese Family said...

Hey! I saw your link on Melissa's blog and thought I'd say Hi! And then I saw this post and thought I'd let you know about a blog that a few of us girls in Queen Creek have put together - http://bargainmoms.blogspot.com/ Check it out if you're into saving money!! :D Take care!! ~Connie

Leah & Mike said...

Check out this site: www.lifewithfive.com it's a blog I found blog hopping and she gives all these bargains she finds. I also found this other site: MothersLounge.net Both informative.

Thanks for your info
Leah

Courtney said...

What dollar store has produce? I am all over that! Miss you guys and hope to see ya all in October...

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Em you are awesome for these great tips. Your are so sweet and always thinking of others. Dollar Tree has lots of great produce. I happpened to be there getting camp stuff and I saw this bag of grapes...totally fresh for $1 and they were as if you got them from Fry's. I love the Santitas chips too...they really do taste like Tostitos and you know how much I love those chips:).