Monday, June 16, 2008

Drilling for oil

Does anyone else find this decision extremely irritating?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365627,00.html

I am so sick and tired of the environmentalists making decisions for the masses! Drill for crying out loud!! Perhaps the oil won't make it to the pumps for years down the road, but if it is the oil futures driving the prices up then drilling will have an immediate impact. If those who are buying up the futures see that there will be an excess of supply in the future, don't you think they will stop buying them and perhaps the cost of oil will decrease? I am all for us finding an alternative source of energy (not because I buy into all this global warming crap), but because it would be great for the economy, but in the meantime I am sick of paying an arm and a leg for gas! And, it is nice to finally see McCain doing something somewhat conservative. He is calling for this ban to be lifted and for the states to decide. Although I don't really think the states should have the ultimate decision for the entire country (it's not like California owns the ocean!), at least it is a step in the right direction. If we are going to find an alternative energy source, it isn't going to be cheap. Why not drill (since China is already drilling in the same location anyway), and use the money to invest in finding an alternative source?!

Here are some other resources that I liked:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_129863.asp

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008/06/gas_prices259.html

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Ya think people would learn a little lesson from Anwar, huh? It's gotten hard for me living with my democratic family... learning to bite my tongue (kind of).

Col.Smeag said...

I got a shovel lets find a oil field and go for it! I'm with you!

Dave B.

the Painters said...

I love you! Your political posts are the best. I learn a lot from you and I'm learning how to have a more open mind from all sides. I hear you on this subject. Let's do lunch real soon!

The Welker Family said...

I had to do a little bit of catching up on you guys. The wedding pictures were beautiful! Julia looked so cute, I love Seth's hair cut, and you, of course looked amazing. That is so cute that your girls hold hands in their car seats. I need to call you.