Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A few things inspired by other's blogs...

A friend of mine, Rachel, posted some of her favorite things including white T's, which reminded me that I had found the all time greatest white T at Target a couple months ago. I thought I would share so others could enjoy the find. It is the Merona Double Layer Scoopneck Tee for $9.99. It is 93% cotton and 7% spandex, and so comfy! The best part is that it is not see through!



I also love reading about the funny things my fellow blogger's children say or do. So I thought I would start my own little segment called 'The things that come out of Julia's mouth'. Today Julia told me that Keagan was her father. Keagan is my eight year old nephew's friend. A few months ago, we were at my sisters house babysitting and Keagan was over playing X-box with my nephew. Julia went and sat next to Keagan and began stroking his arm in admiration. Thus, the teasing by my nephews began, and Julia's boyfriend has been Keagan ever since. Today, however, Keagan became her father too apparently. I replied, "No Julia, Keagan is not your father, daddy is your father." To which she replied, "No mama. Keagan is my father, because I love him because he is strong." Oh, well okay then Julia, as long as he is strong.

And, finally, I decided to include a quote I recently received from a friend. This posting is inspired by my great friend, Sarah, who is leaning toward voting for Obama in November. I still love you Sarah!!

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'
-- Barack Obama

7 comments:

The Welker Family said...

I'll have to go check that shirt out. A girl can never have too many white T-shirts right? Julia is so cute. I guess a second father is pretty harmless right? At least she isn't starting to want boyfriends yet! My girls are never going to want boyfriends! OK, maybe when they are 21 years old.

The Blakes said...

Thanks for the tip on the white t. I seriously buy one every chance I get, which may be why I'm not considered a fashion icon. Love the Barack quote...glad I'm not the only who's nervous about his leadership skills.

molly said...

ROFL! Is that quote for real?

I have that white shirt from target and I love it... very good recommendation :)

the Painters said...

You better love me! What other friend goes to concerts with you and stands in the pit and gets trampled. What other friend let's you borrow her maternity clothes and even THOSE are too big for you when you are 9 months preggers and what other friend enjoys Olive Garden as much as you?
I am stubborn but I do have to admit that that Barack quote is pretty stupid.....kinda something "Dubbya" would say!

Courtney said...

How cute is lil' Julia? You might want to watch her around older guys though... Adi told me about a year ago how she was going to marry a little boy that she saw walk to school everyday. The scary part is that she was serious. She wanted me to go ask him and everything!

Sarah's Place said...

I always love a good White T. I will have to check that out next time I am there.

Courtney said...

I just bought one of those shirts- they're on sale right now for $8!