Tuesday, February 26, 2008

That's not chocolate!! :-(

As any mother knows, sometimes you have to deal with some pretty nasty stuff. I have cleaned up my fair share of throw-up, thrown out plenty of full bags of dirty diapers from the pail, and have cleaned up pee three times already in the last two days (the woes of potty training a toddler)! However, the mischief Sophia managed to get into today topped them all! I have been working on getting Sophia to go down for her nap and put herself to sleep the past couple weeks (I had previously been rocking her to sleep). So today I put her down for her nap, went downstairs, and turned on the monitor. I heard the usual gibberish for about ten minutes, then all went quiet. I figured she was sleeping like an angel and was so proud that she was adjusting so well. Then, about thirty minutes later she began to cry. I let her cry for a few minutes then decided I would go see if I could get her back to sleep. That is when I walked into this and almost started crying myself!!


In case you can't see it all in this picture, here are a few more:




Note the diaper in the corner of the crib! And note to all moms everywhere, DO NOT LET YOUR BABY SLEEP IN HER DIAPER! Hard lesson learned!



After use of almost an entire bottle of Clorox wipes for the crib itself (she managed to smear it on almost every single slat), two "heavy soil" cycles on hot through the washing machine for the bedding, lots of J&J baby wash for her little body, a one-way trip to the diaper pail for her binky, and a wall plug-in in black raspberry (thanks Amy Hadley) I was able to get things back to normal. Thank you to my mother-in-law for volunteering to come help out and to my Julia for staying down for her nap the entire time!




PS - If any of you moms out there are lucky enough to experience something like this, Poison Control confirmed that she will be fine. However, eating feces from another animal or another person could be toxic. Blaghhhh!

16 comments:

Mike, Susanne & Easton said...

Holy CRAP!!! That is the grossest thing EVER!!! I'm so sorry that you had to clean that, I would've been gagging. Of course the dad's are never around to catch any of this stuff. When potty training Easton, I always was the one to clean the poopy underwear, never once did Mike. The joys... ;)

Courtney said...

Ew, ew, ew, ew!! And I thought I was a poop vetran... you have definately earned your mommy stripes!

Joy Rae said...

WOW!! That does top it! I have only been a mother for a couple months, and I thought my stories were bad!! Fun times!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

YUCK!!! Oh my gosh Em I can't believe that I am pretty sure I would've wanted to freak out and be soooo sad that the bed and bedding would now sting like crap...oh yeah then I would think crap my daughter just did this and look at her!!!! Brooklyn ate her poop this past week and it was soooo nasty and I put her right in the tub and was like CRAP!!!! Oh the joys on parenting as a mommy:) Nothing can truly prepare you until you have so many of these fun experiences and yet she's not even one yet!

The Cooks said...

I learned about sleeping in diapers the hard way too. Only once though! That is so gross! How does that taste good to them?

The Welker Family said...

Now that is one happy little "pooper"!!!! She is so "stinking" cute even with poo all over her face! I thought it was bad when Dani came to me with poo on her pointer finger yesterday from sticking her finger down her diaper! I need to count my blessings.

Castle Family said...

Bleh! What a nightmare! Did you seriously cry? I would have!

Bri, Lanny, Ben, Jeff and Lukey said...

i'm so sorry ! way to laugh and get pics...sometimes i think that is all you can do. bri left a dirty diaper on the living room floor once, just once!

the Painters said...

Oh yes, it has happened to us! I hear ya on the clorox wipes. It's like you get manic and totally OCD when your baby does it once. Now I always put him to bed with a onseie, no more just diaper. Like Court said, you have earned your mommy stripes.

Leah & Mike said...

Oh, my gross, you are awesome that you didn't throw up right there. Sophia looks so happy with herself though. I'm sure she had a blast.

Crystal said...

I'm not having kids.

The Blakes said...

I was not prepared for the climax of that story. If it wasn't so expensive, I would have been tempted to throw everything away and start fresh. Congrats on surviving the ordeal!

Courtney said...

I think my mouth dropped open a little more with each picture! YUCK, YUCK and more YUCK!

The Taits said...

All I can say is...WOW. I think that I will have to keep this in mind when I think the going is tough. This might make me feel a little better on those days...lol. You are a trooper!

Karla said...

THAT IS AWFUL!!! I am so sorry. Glad she's not sick. Glad you didn't get sick. What a nightmare!

The Richins Family said...

hi emily. it's jenny richins here. i am sure glad that aaron invited you to our blog. :) well well it looks like you had a mess on your hands. so gross and doesn't look fun. good to know about the poison control. :)