Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Saying prayers with Julia

After reading an article about spirituality and children in Parents' Magazine, I decided to try to get Julia more involved in saying her prayers so she would enjoy it and want to say them. I have been asking her what she wants to pray about. She usually replies by naming pretty much everyone she knows. Tonight however, she changed her request. I asked, "Julia, what should we pray for tonight?" Her answer, "Candy." Oh, the mind of a two year old!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Now that's classic!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Love it! What a sweet Julia that loves her candy:). When Ry was saying her prayers she was praying for her grandma's, but instead she decided to just pray for Grandma down the street(my mom) and when I asked her later why she didn't pray for the other 2 grandma's she said that she only wanted to pray for Grandma who she see's the most:)